Information on 55k Route
In this route there is a 40km cycle section . 32 km is on sealed road, 8km on gravel path.
The surface will not always be smooth, you might come across a bit of gravel or a few steep hills.
- You will cycle a 4km gravel track twice, on the way to Lord Brandon’s Cottage and back to finish line.
- The track is narrow and it will be difficult to pass out in places.
- There is a narrow bridge on the gravel track that you must dismount to cross.
- Care and attention must be given when cycling this track. There are a few short steep hills that you might have to get off the bike and walk.
- You will not meet anyone cycling against you on the track as all competitors will be at the cycle transition in the Black Valley before cyclists start coming returning to finish line.
Information on 33km and 28K Dual
Both routes are on a sealed road around Muckross Lake. The surface will not always be smooth, you might come across a bit of gravel.
The rules of the road must be obeyed at all times as the road is not closed to traffic.