Environmental Policy Statement
Elite Event Management is aware that its business activities impact upon the environment and is committed to ensuring these activities have the least possible detrimental effect. We are committed to:
- Complying fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations
- Assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce these impacts and improving our resource efficiency through reduction of energy, water use and waste
- Promoting environmental and energy awareness in our employees through participation and training
- Working with our suppliers and event participants to make more environmentally-sensitive choices
- Monitoring our progress to ensure ongoing improvements in our environmental performance
- Communicate this policy to stakeholders and the public and work with our neighbours to reduce the impact of our operations
These commitments will be carried out in line with our environmental policy
- Reducing our carbon footprint as part of a carbon management strategy e.g.
- Reduction of the number of vehicles used for events.
- For international events, maritime transport to be used and not air.
- Optimise energy efficiency and conservation in all operations
- Controlling and managing energy efficiency in our business and promoting energy efficiency
- Reducing the impact of transportation in our business activities
- Actively promote reduce, reuse and recycling both internally and amongst our suppliers and customers
- Waste segregation at each event
- Reducing packaging on all our products/services where feasible e.g.
- No single-use water bottles provided, refillable water and compostable cups only.
- Removal of packaging on medals & event tops
- Event medals to be multifunctional e.g. magnet, bottle opener
- Minimising waste generation by applying reuse and recycle options where possible
- Minimise waste generation and unnecessary resource usage during the stages of planning, design and operation of new and existing business activities
- Setting specific improvement targets, monitoring progress and communicating results internally
- Develop specific objectives to continually improve our environmental performance
- Set objectives and targets for continuous improvement
- Measure and review our performance regularly and communicate the results
- Continual performance improvement in minimising environmental impacts of our business
- Promoting continuous improvement by setting, monitoring and reviewing our environmental targets and objectives
- Choosing suppliers and contractors that adopt best environmental practices and make this the procurement policy of our company
- Suppliers to provide event medals and tops without excess/individual packaging
- Purchasing products and services that have the least environmental impact, where this is feasible
- Encouraging suppliers and contractors to implement sustainable environmental systems
- Using materials, fittings and furnishings from sustainable sources
- Encouraging environmental awareness among our employees and customers through appropriate communication and training programs
- Communication with event participants pre-event to highlight our waste prevention measures: bring own bottle, waste separation, car-pooling, etc
- Promoting environmental awareness throughout our business
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to its standards
- Continuous training of all staff in all environment-related issues
- Informing and motivating all of our staff and encouraging them to play an active role in committing to our environmental policy