We have spent the last couple of months out on the trails and mountains in Kenmare searching for new, exciting and inspiring adventure racing routes. As always we want to take you to places you have never been before. These new routes are going to be tough and challenging. Last year’s routes were great but we promise these new routes will give you something extra, they are even better. Next year you will in fact get two counties for the price of one when we dare to cross the border into County Cork for a small part of the event. We hope you will be cursing us after for all the pleasure/pain we will put you through.
Here’s a brief breakdown on what to expect on the new routes;
72km Expert route
- Stage 1 cycle – Caha pass and the famous tunnels. a steady climb on the bike in stage one, this climb doesn’t let up.
- Stage 2 run – Welcome to Cork and Glengariff Nature Reserve, there is even a few steps on the trail as we know you love them (not as bad as Cardiac steps in Killarney though!)
- Stage 3 cycle – you will be in a world of pain and cursing us here, a 10km cycle full of character – you’ll have to walk some of this – sorry!
- Stage 4 – we bring you the mountain – welcome to Esk Mountain, a new ascent to conquer, 370m of beauty
- Stage 5 – a fast cycle and a great surface, you’ll easily be hitting 60km – 70kmph (but staying within the speed limits at all times of course!)
44km Sport route
- Stage 1 cycle – Quick and undulating cycle in the Bonane Valley, a few nasty little stingers to keep the heart rate pumping
- Stage 2 run – we bring you the mountain – welcome to Esk Mountain, a new ascent to conquer, 370m of beauty
- Stage 3 cycle – a fast cycle and a great surface, you’ll easily be hitting 60km – 70kmph (but staying within the speed limits at all times of course!)
- Kayak stage – all depends on the weather, tides and good fortune – we’ll confirm the exact location in Kenmare in the new year.
You’ll find full details of both routes here.
Quest Kenmare Early Bird offer runs until Friday 16th November, you can register here.