There will be 9 different adventure races as part of Quest Geo across Ireland on 8th and 9th August 2020. The largest socially distanced adventure of the summer.
Each Quest Geo event is one route of between 30 and 50km in length, consisting of running and cycling.
Each route has 6/7 check points that participants must get to using the Adventure Lab app which they will receive access to once they register. Participants can undertake this adventure at any time on Saturday 8th or Sunday 9th of August. The event is structured to be done independently and is unsupported. Registration closes at midday on Friday 7th August 2020.
- Killarney – Ross Castle – PLEASE NOTE NEW START LOCATION
- Kenmare – the Square Kenmare town centre
- Lough Derg – Flanagan’s On the Lake, Ballina
- Achill – Gielty’s Bar & Restaurant Dooagh, Achill Island
- Cork – Mallow Sports Recovery Centre, Mallow
- Carlingford – Carlingford tourist office and car park
- Dublin – Johnie Foxes Pub, Dublin Mountains
- Glendalough – Trooperstown Wood, Laragh, Co. Wicklow
- Wexford – Bunclody
Route details: The routes will not be released until 3 days before the event. The big reveal will take place on Wednesday 5th August.
Cost: €20 + €3 booking fee per event entry.
Included in the registration fee: Access to the app and the particular event plus a €5 discount code to a 2021 Quest event.
- Participants will receive a confirmation email with general details once registered and 3 days before event participants will receive an email containing:
- Link to the Adventure Lab app. The app will have details of the first start checkpoint.
- Map of full specific route PDF.
- Info required for the event and guidelines.
- Participants will start their event when they open the app at their first location on event day.
- The app will have a written description as to how to locate the first checkpoint which is the start point.
- Each checkpoint has a sign securely fixed. The number on this sign needs to be entered on the app to unlock that point and give participants information to proceed to the next checkpoint and so on until all checkpoints have been recorded.
- It is a sequential process – the 2nd checkpoint is not available until the 1st checkpoint is found.
- Participants will not be able to enter the checkpoint code until they are within 20m of the checkpoint. Participants are asked not to physically touch the cards at the checkpoints, and to respect social distancing and practice good coughing etiquette always.
Health & Safety Notice
Quest Geo begins in:
Latest on Instagram
Upcoming Adventure Races
Quest Kenmare, an epic adventure along the Wild Atlantic Way featuring the amazing mountains of the Beara Peninsula and boutique charm of Kenmare Town.
30 October 2021
Run, cycle and kayak across 3 challenging routes in the Wicklow Mountains National Park to Glendalough Valley. Choose from 57km Expert, 41km Sport or 19km Challenge.
Postponed, new date TBC
Quest 12/24 is a 12 & 24 hour unsupported adventure race across Ireland’s highest mountains and the South West toughest cycle routes.
Postponed, new date TBC
Quest 12 Beara is a new, one-day individual unsupported adventure race across the uncharted territory of the Beara Peninsula in West Cork.
4 September 2021
Race around some of Ireland’s most iconic waterways, kayak on the majestic Lough Derg, run on the banks of the mighty Shannon and cycle through country roads, quaint villages and sprawling forests.
2 October 2021
An epic adventure where you'll run, cycle and kayak through terrain as inspiring as it is challenging, with a choice of 4 routes.