We are so lucky that Quest events take place in some of the most beautiful places across Ireland and we want to ensure these environments are enjoyed for hundreds of years by our children and their children and future generations.
For all 2020 Quest events we will place a big emphasis on reducing our environmental impact and carbon footprint. We are committed to reducing that impact and creating a more sustainable future for all by reducing our waste and energy usage, carrying out regular staff training and promoting awareness amongst our participants. We are actively working on the following initiatives:
- Waste segregation stations at all events
- No single-use water bottles provided, refillable water stations at transition areas and compostable cups only available at the finish lines
- Removal of packaging on medals & event tops
- Reduction in the packaging of medals and event tops
- Reduction of the number of vehicles used by our operations team at events
- For international events, maritime transport to be used and not air
- Reducing the size of all registration packs and removal of any non-necessary flyers and paper from packs.
What can you do to help:
- We encourage all our participants to car pool when possible
- Carry refillable water bottles
- Support us in our waste segregation efforts
- Respect the environment of the races and do not litter anywhere across the routes.
Keep an eye on our social media for real ways you can help us achieve our environmental goals in 2020.
Our full environmental policy can be found here
Thank you for your continued support to make our world a better place for everyone today, tomorrow and in the future.